2 1/2 – 3 lb chicken (boneless breast or thigh meat)
1 medium onion – diced
2 cloves garlic – diced
8 oz Werewolf Steak Sauce (yes, a whole bottle)
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
1 tsp salt
3-4 drops of Liquid Smoke
1. Rinse and place chicken pieces in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Pour diced onions and garlic over the chicken and then add the steak sauce and salt. Smear the sauce around to make sure all the chicken has at least a coating of sauce.
3. Turn the slow cooker on low and let the chicken cook for five hours.
4. Remove the chicken pieces and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker with the sauce.
5. Stir in the tomato paste and the Liquid Smoke.
6. Let the shredded mixture cook on low for another 1/2 hour.
7. Serve on rolls with coleslaw or pickle slices.
A. The mixture should be fairly thick and easy to spoon out.
B. I generally rinse out the steak sauce bottle with either a bit of wine or lime juice and add it in.